Jesus, in Your Holy Sorrow

 

87 87 8778 77

Tune: Lasset un smit Jesu ziehen (LSB 685)

 

1 Jesus, in Your holy sorrow,

Let me rest in peace tonight,

That I may, if comes the morrow,

Wake with faith to run and fight;

As the darkness falls around me,

Make me see in Your pure light

I am righteous in God’s sight

And my sins will not confound me

Since in darkness once You died,

And thereby my peace supplied.

 

2 Praises be to God the Father,

Who through You kept me from harm,

Who in You, my Lord and Brother,

Showed His mighty, saving arm;

For my sins and my offenses,

Grant me absolution now -

Nor despair nor doubt allow!

See, to You I am commending

All I’ve done and all I am,

Trusting in God’s spotless Lamb.

 

3 Give me health and all that’s needful

For the love my neighbors need;

Make me of Your precepts heedful,

Hear me when for grace I plead.

All the good that You here give me

I commend into Your care,

Christ, with me your peace now share!

Whether waking, whether sleeping,

Always Yours, Lord, let me be,

Here and in eternity. 

            2/10/18